Friends, I’ll be honest.
I’m tired after a couple of 12-and-13 hour days of writing in a row. I was going to give myself the morning off before rolling up my sleeves and getting back to work but I can’t let today’s anniversary pass without mentioning it. So happy 11th birthday, dear blog.
Here are 11 things to celebrate:
- All the opportunities the blog has directly (and indirectly) helped bring about during that time. You can see a sample of these above: cricket games, freakshakes, New York, New Zealand, the 100th anniversary of the ANZAC landings at Gallipoli, Hong Kong, scuba diving with sharks, running a marathon, surfing and visiting Hanging Rock.
- I emailed the first half of my manuscript to my editor at 11.30pm last night.
- I plan on emailing the second half sometime in the next 72 hours.
- Today would’ve been my dad’s 68th birthday. We love you.
- We always eat Vienetta for dessert on his birthday because it was his favourite and today will be no different.
- I shall also drink a nice glass of bubbles tonight in his memory.
- It’s almost spring.
- It’s almost the weekend.
- I was sad because I didn’t get to the special 20th anniversary 4K screenings of The Fifth Element that were happening around Melbourne last weekend so Adam bought me a copy on Blu-Ray. Naw.
- My mother has been staying this week. This is always wonderful but her assistance this time has been invaluable (see points 2 & 3).
- This book is creeping closer to being finished.
Here’s to more blogging years ahead. And happy weekend x