The Creative Life Podcast Episode Six
My guest is Lisa Dempster. Lisa is Festival Director/CEO of the Melbourne Writers Festival and was previously the Director/CEO of the Emerging Writers’ Festival. Lisa has been a literary figure for many years as a professional writer, editor and former publisher of Vignette Press. Lisa has travelled widely in search of literary and other adventures and our discussion is full of references to these, festival life, blogging and much more. She is the author of Neon Pilgrim, which is no longer in print.
- What program launch week at a major literary festival is like.
- Lisa’s early reading years and growing up in regional Victoria.
- What book changed her life.
- How we define personal success.
- Lisa’s solo adventuring stories and how they help her leadership skills.
Tickets for the Melbourne Writers Festival are now on sale. The festival runs from 26th August to 4th September.