I had the delight of talking to Lisa Heidke yesterday about her new book, It Started With a Kiss (purchase details at bottom), and here it is for you all to see. I have a resolution this morning to go buy a better webcam – the one I’m currently using is old (the one in my laptop doesn’t even work!) and is very temperamental.
- How to fit in writing around family commitments at different stages in children’s lives.
- Writing process: word count targets, how to structure a novel, fleshing out and developing characters.
- How Lisa’s early career in publishing and writing helps with her current writing.
- The part research plays in writing and how to go about it.
- How writing is fun, but can be hard.
- The importance of reading the genre you want to write.
- What we’re reading at the moment: Lisa – The Most of Nora Ephron by Nora Ephron and Karen – Contact by Carl Sagan
It Started with a Kiss is available at all major bookstores and online. Thanks Lisa!
Note: aff links